Friday, August 26, 2005

Discovered what EGTY is.

SPAM.

Yup. It's called comment spam and their hitting blogs. The more links they can make for their product the higher on the internet search listings it will be, or so they hope. Blogs being a slightly different animal it might not work quite the way they want. Wired had an article on it.

Anyway, if you care to look I've deleted all references to a certain stock product and have also instituted a word verification program in order to thwart spambots in the future. I hope it doesn't cut down on all those nice comments I really do care for.

2 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

EGTY is complete crap? Who would have guessed? I am crestfallen. I never would have imagined that a bunch of yahoos would go around commenting on blogs merely to gain attention. What is this world coming to?

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of commenting just for sarcasm's sake, but you guys already knew that. ;-)