Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow The Youth of Today

The media keeps harping on and on about how the youth vote is so crucial. Well I saw the youth vote of 2012-2013 and it doesn't look good.

I figured that since the inauguration today was probably one of the most historic events in racial/civic history. A culmination of decades of struggle for minorities in our nation, that it might be slightly relevant to my students given their cultural and economic makeup.

Yeah think again. My students didn't so much as glance at the screen and chattered away happily. Honestly, there was no way I was going to yell myself hoarse trying to get them interested in a civic event this important.

Very sad.

I liked his speech. Patriotic but eternal? Meh.

I liked Rick Warren's invocation. Anytime you can repeat Jesus's name in four languages in front of billions of people I'm all for it.

No comments: