Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Revelation

I don't have a serious bone in my body. Well, I tend to be serious about games and movies, music, but a point could be made that those things aren't serious. And by serious I mean actually pertaining to life and imparting value to it. So in fact, I'm not serious. And I find this aspect of my character to be a serious flaw. Well there's something, the only thing serious about me are my faults.

The reason I bring this up is because I was going to orginally post about the glory and wonder of watching my nearly 3 year old when we do advent every night. We light up to 24 candles , one for each day till Christmas Eve, and open a window in the advent calendar. We read a verse out of Luke and sing a nice little Christmas song, usually off key. But man does she love it...claps and sings along and begs to do advent before dinner. Now I still haven't lost the wonder and joy of Christmas. I'm the first barreling down the stairs to open my stocking. But if I had she would pour it all back in. Wait, I just did post about it.

Well look, I did comment on something serious. Scratch that whole first self-reflective, introspective garbage in the beginning. Which is why I never reflect on my thoughts and feelings. They usually aren't worth a second thought.

1 comment:

matt said...

I know what you are talking about at the beginning and I am going to have to say that I disagree with you. I often get accused of the same thing. That I am not serious. This is not true. I just like to enjoy life rather than be serious and I believe that you are the same way. Why talk about something serious when I can laugh. That doesn't mean that neither of us think about serious things. That is one of the reasons that I started my blog. I could then express some of my serious thoughts without using boring conversations.